Make the following assessments at 5 locations within the crop at the 2 true leaf stage
- To measure plant population where the crop has been drilled in rows, count the number of plants in 1m length of row at the 2 true leaf stage. Measure and record the row width (cm).
- If the crop has been broadcast, count the number of plants in a 1m x 0.5m area.
- Estimate the % leaf area affected by CSFB damage at the sampling position (using the figure below).
- Take an overhead photograph of the assessment area. Repeat this at another four positions across the field.
- It is possible to use the Xarvio Scounting app to assess the plant population of the crop using the Emergence analysis. The app will work on crops between BBCH 9 – 19. If you are using the Xarvio app, please still complete the online form with the plant population information and email the overhead photos of the crop to firstname.lastname@example.org with your OF number. The app is available through app stores xarvio SCOUTING - Apps on Google Play or by using the QR code below.
This assessment can be done later if your crop is more forward.