Join the Oilseed YEN

To register for the Oilseed YEN, please complete the registration form.

For OSR, crops registered before November 2021 will be entered into the Oilseed YEN Establishment Beauty Contest. The details below provide more information about the process for OSR crops. Linseed crops are not eligible for this part of Oilseed YEN.

Useful Information

  • Please note - It is possible to provide information for ALL your OSR fields with a single registration. Simply complete the online Establishment Information Form which will be e-mailed to you post-registration for each field separately, clearly providing the location and field name. You will need to use the same OF YEN number for each field.
  • You will then need to select which of your fields you continue with through the rest of the YEN process in the New Year.
  • Please confirm field name to be transferred for whole YEN process along with the OF number to
  • If you have requested a soil kit, you will receive 1 kit per OF YEN number, and these should arrive in January.
  • If you plan to enter two or more fields into the whole YEN process (i.e. send samples, yield data etc), you are required to fill the registration form in for each field.

Oilseed YEN Rules 2021

Competition Registration

STEP 1: Complete Registration Form

  • If you are being sponsored, please ask your sponsor to complete this form. If you are supporting your own entry, please complete this form yourself.
  • Here you can provide information about the entry and organise payment.
  • You will be assigned an entry ID number which can be used to complete the required forms.

STEP 2: Complete Establishment Information

For as many of your OSR field as you choose

Complete an Establishment Information for each selected field

This includes a section asking you to record plant population and adult CSBF damage, as well as uploading photographs of the crop at the 2 true leaf stage.

STEP 3: Take overhead photos of the crops at the end of October and submit.

STEP 4: Select your field to complete the rest of the YEN process on and complete additional information

Later in the season, a series of forms will become available for you to complete. You will be notified about when to complete these forms.

All data will be managed in line with the YEN Data Privacy Policy.

Frequently Asked Questions

How much is it to enter the Oilseed YEN?

For individual farmers, it costs £300 (incl VAT) per field entered into Cereal and Oilseed YEN competitions. This includes one place at the YEN Awards Conference; additional tickets for supported entries are £50pp. If your entry is supported by someone other than an official YEN sponsor, it costs £420 (incl. VAT) per field entry. This includes two places at the YEN Awards Conference.

Entries from outside the UK cost £400. All prices are exclusive of VAT.

Who pays for YEN?

There are three options for payment:

  1. Sponsored entry – Official YEN Sponsors support your entry. You must agree sponsorship prior to registering your entry
  2. Supported entry – Other industry parties may wish to pay for entry into the competition. You must agree support prior to registering your entry.
  3. Independent entry – Paid for by the entrant, usually farmer. The entry fee will need to be paid in full prior to registration being confirmed

Do I have to enter a whole field?

You can enter whole fields, or part of fields. You can also enter multiple entries e.g. for different fields or for different parts of the same field. For instance you may like to undertake an experiment by varying your approach. To be eligible for awards, entries must be at least 2ha.

Can I enter more than one field?

You can enter as many fields as you like into any or all of the Yield Enhancement Networks.

Can I enter trials into YEN?

Trials can be entered into YEN, and these are separated into their own category for awards. Please contact us before submitting trials entries as we may require additional information.

Is all the information requested mandatory?

Some of the data requested is mandatory in order to have a valid entry. In these cases you will not be able to register the entry without providing the information. Provision of additional non-mandatory data will enable us to provide a more detailed analysis in your final report.